Safeguarding at Tolworth School
Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility
The Federation of Tolworth Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults at our school.
We expect all staff and volunteers to share in our commitment to keeping children safe and observe the wide range of safeguarding measures we have in place. All staff and regular volunteers have DBS checks and visitors are signposted to the designated safeguard leads, Rachel Seivright-Nye (Headteacher) and Linda Jackson (Children & Families Co-ordinator) through our safeguarding information and notices displayed around our school.
Rachel Seivright Nye, Headteacher
Linda Jackson, Children & Families Co-ordinator
Adults and children are welcome to talk to either of us if they are worried about anything
The Federation of Tolworth Schools Safeguarding Statement
In order to keep our children safe at school, we
- ensure that all our staff – through their induction and on-going training - have a clear understanding of their responsibilities towards our children’s safeguarding.
- make sure that we have a range of clear and up to date policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety and protection of our pupils in all aspects of school life.
- ensure that we teach our pupils how to keep themselves healthy and safe – in and out of school including keeping safe on-line.
- ensure that we audit our safeguarding practices regularly so we remain vigilant.
- carry out rigorous checks during the recruitment process where application forms are carefully scrutinised and any education or employment gaps are queried references and all necessary DBS checks are undertaken as a matter of course and we keep an up to date single central record on all of our employees. The Headteacher and some members of the Governing Body are trained in ‘Safer Recruitment’.
- have an effective induction process, which includes safeguard training, for our volunteers. Volunteers and visitors are not be left unsupervised with any children at any time unless they are regular volunteers who have completed a DBS check.
- have a safeguarding governor, Isobel Pickles, who monitors the rigour and effectiveness of our safeguarding policies and procedures termly.
- have safe computer access, with secure filtering and we train children and staff in e-safety.
Tolworth School is part of Operation Encompass a project run jointly between the police and school to support children exposed to domestic abuse incidents. Please click here to see letter to parents.
For more information - https://www.operationencompass.org/
Below are links for our safeguarding policies and associated information:
What to do if you are worried about a child - click here
NSPCC information on Female Genital Mutilation NSPCC FGM Information
Achieving for children (AFC) - Keeping children and young people safe against radicalisation and extremism (Leaflet for parents and carers)
Advice on what to do if you're worried about someone close who is expressing extreme views.
Information on E-Safety and Online advice for children and parents please click here
As a school community it is our duty to keep children safe. If you have any safeguarding concerns please see one of our Safeguarding Leads, Rachel Seivright Nye (Headteacher) and Linda Jackson (Children & Families Co-ordinator)
Linda Jackson (Children & Families Co-ordinator) can offer on-going support to families, including providing advice, emotional support; help with attending meetings and signposting to other services.
If you need any help or support, just ask to speak to Linda Jackson at the school office or email@example.com
Achieving for Children Single Point of Access
To speak to someone about a safeguarding concern anytime or out of school hours or during the holidays then please contact Kingston Single Point of Access (SPA) using the contact details below.
Call 020 8547 5008 from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, or 020 8770 5000 out of hours.
Or call 999 if you think a child or young person is in immediate danger.
Please click here for a Single Point of Access (SPA)